Annual Fashion Show to be Held Tonight

Annual Fashion Show to be Held Tonight

Niles West and Niles North fashion students are scheduled to host the annual fashion show at Holiday Inn hotel tonight at 7:00 p.m.

Fashion classes at both schools have been working on their projects this whole year. The students have created outfits inspired by 2013 fashion with a twist of their own taste.

“I’ve been working on my outfits for a very long time,” senior Selina Montero said. “It was very hard work, and hopefully people will like the outcome.”

Some students that will participate in today’s show have focused on two pieces while others have created multiple of outfits.

“I decided to focus on my two outfits,” Montero said. “I’ve had previous experience, and I know I do a better job when I focus most of my effort on just a couple of outfits.”

There are more than 100 outfits in the show this year, and more than 200 students participating in the show.

“I’ve been in every fashion show, and there are always so many pieces,” senior Mary Mando said. “They’re amazing, and I can’t wait to see them this year.”

The show will include the “Trashy Fashion” theme, which are outfits completely made out of recycled and biodegradability products.

“I used pop cans for my Trashy Fashion outfit,” Montero said. “It was one of the funnest outfits to create.”

Designers said they are hoping for a big crowd and are confident that they’ll impress the audience.

“We’ve all been working really hard, and we’re hoping that it’ll show in the show,” Montero said. “All of us have done a great job. Everyone should come watch.”