Meet Me in a Minute: Lidia Fakhoury

Being involved in clubs, as well as being a three-sport athlete, would definitely be considered a challenge, but sophomore Lidia Fakhoury makes it look easy. Although these circumstances are fairly taxing on the average fifteen-year-old high school student, Fakhoury wouldn’t change it for anything in the world. From Wolfpack to volleyball, basketball and soccer, Fakhoury doesn’t stop.

“Being a three sport athlete comes with it’s challenges, but I wouldn’t trade it for anything. I work for what I love, and nothing less,” Fakhoury said.

Many would assume that the amount of activities Fakhoury is involved in would take a large toll on her grades, but she defies those assumptions.

“The load may be a lot sometimes, but I always manage to get through it. Managing my homework load and athletics is very exhausting, but I still maintain straight A’s and always finish my homework on time,” Fakhoury said.

Involving herself in multiple sports and activities also allows Fakhoury to expand her social horizons and meet many new faces, which turns into strong friendships that she will carry through the rest of her high school career.

“Seeing a bunch of my friends on these teams really just motivates me to go even more. I get to play with the people I care about, and nothing feels better than that,” Fakhoury said.

Fakhoury’s teammates recognize her hard work with the energy she brings to every practice.

“Lidia is hardworking in many ways,” teammate and friend Samantha Galanopoulos said. “She comes to practice every day with a mindset to leave everything on the court, and she is ready to take it all in and produce something great to the best of her ability. She also works hard to push her teammates. Usually you associate hard work with the individual behavior, but for Lidia, she pushes her drive and energy into teammates, to create success for the team.” 

On and off the court, Fakhoury is someone for her teammates to go to. She presents herself as a good role model in practice and a good friend in the halls.

“Being on a team with someone automatically helps you make friends with them and become close to them,” teammate Sloan Tomczak said. “But Lidia makes that ability even easier. She is a super sweet and likeable person, which made it super easy to get along with her and become good friends. It’s amazing to be on the same team with someone who is super supportive and easy to play with.”