Oscars 2017: Best and Worst Dressed

If you’re anything like me, you can’t wait until award season arrives so you can see all the celebrities on the red carpet. I love seeing all the different trends and fashion choices every nominee, host, and audience member makes.

Finding the perfect outfit on a night like this is super challenging; some come out super glamorous and elegant, while other do fail completely.

Starting off, there were quite a few power couples last night, and model Chrissy Teigan and singer-songwriter John Legend definitely owned the red carpet. They’re such a loving, silly, and attractive couple that it’s impossible not to love them. Teigan wore a super beautiful, white, long-sleeved dress with gold embellishments and a slit down the leg. Legend looked sophisticated and handsome in a classic black tux and a bow tie.

Singer Justin Timberlake and his actress wife Jessica Biel also looked stunning walking down the red carpet together. Biel wore a long, gold, sequined dress with a chic collared necklace, while Timberlake wore a black tux with a black bow tie, similar to Legend. This seemed to be quite a trend last night.

Actress Emma Stone always kills the fashion game in my opinion, and last night was not a disappointment. She looked so classic and had such a Hollywood look, which suited her nicely. She also wore gold, which was a popular choice. Her dress had an embellished top and fringe from her thighs to the ground.

On the disappointing side, Ruth Negga, who was nominated for best actress last night, did not take home a win with her dress. She wore a  red gown with a mesh-to-lace neck. Unfortunately, this look was all over the place with the hair and makeup for me, and I just didn’t enjoy it.

Overall, the Oscars were a fun and successful night, and most people looked amazing. Hopefully the others who didn’t look their best will do better next year.