Cubs in the Postseason

Wrigley Field, home of the Chicago Cubs, where they hope to bring back another World Series Trophy.

By Mateo Acosta, Staff Writer

The MLB regular season is coming to a close, and fans are getting more and more excited for the postseason. The Chicago Cubs managed to clinch a spot in the playoffs in the National League side of the bracket, but the first seed is up for grabs with the Milwaukee Brewers close on their tails.

In the regular season, the Cubs went 92-66, allowing them to reach the playoffs for the fourth time in four years, a first in franchise history. Fans at West expect them to make it through National League Championship and hopefully all the way to the World Series.

“Having made it to the playoffs the past four years straight, with one World Series, the roster has a lot of experience and can perform in such high stakes conditions,” sophomore Emet Durakovic said.

With both offensive and defensive strengths, a World Series appearance is not too far-fetched. The team’s experience could lead them to a long run in the postseason.

“[The Cubs] have Gold Glove winners in Anthony Rizzo and Jason Heyward, but there is also gold-glove- worthy Javier Baez on the field,” sophomore Sean Holbrook said.

Hot on their tails is neighbors to the north, the Milwaukee Brewers. Brewers’ outfielder Christian Yelich has put up jaw-dropping stats and is expected to win the National League MVP.

“Christian Yelich will win MVP because he is putting up stats comparable to Barry Bonds and he also has two cycles in one year,” sophomore Kyle Gibson said.

October is arguably the best month of baseball, with nail-biting games going on almost every day. Chicago fans love to see the Cubs battle it out to try and go for another World Series.