Top Fall Activities 2022

By Gia Bexes, Features Editor

The leaves are changing color and the weather is getting a lot colder, which means it’s time to embrace the new season and take part in fall-themed activities.

1. Pumpkin Picking- For many, pumpkin picking is a must during the fall season. Whether you’re bringing family and friends along or picking out a pumpkin for yourself, you’ll have a blast. If you go to a farm where there is pumpkin picking, there might even be other fall activities to do there.
  2. Visit Goebbert’s Farm- Goebbert’s Farm in South Barrington is the perfect destination for a variety of fall-related activities to really brighten the feel for the season. Some of the activities include a haunted house, hay rides, a corn maze, a giraffe barn, a magic show, camel rides and many more. Also, Goebbert’s has its own store with fall goods and sweets, as well as other fall decor and items needed for the season. To check out all of the activities, you can visit their website.
  3. Scream Scene- Scream Scene is a popular haunted house, well-known among Niles West students, given its close proximity to the school. It features new spooky characters, sets and scenes scarier than the year before.
  4. Jack’s Pumpkin Pop-Up–  Located in the city, Jack’s Pumpkin Pop-Up is a popular spot during the fall season. With over 10,000 pumpkins, Jack’s doesn’t mess around. One thing to note is that it is a place with a very aesthetic appeal, perfect for taking photos with friends and family. Jack’s activities include pumpkin picking, a corn maze, axe throwing, access to food trucks, carnival games, fortune tellers and much more. For a further list of activities, you can check out the Jack’s Pumpkin Pop-Up website.
  5. Carving Pumpkins- A classic fall activity is carving pumpkins and making Jack-o’-lanterns. After picking out a fresh pumpkin, sketch the design that you want for the pumpkin’s face on the Jack-o’-lantern. After, cut out the top of the pumpkin in a circle. Then, scoop out the pulp and seeds from inside the pumpkin and scrape the pumpkin’s walls clean. Instead of using candles for light, consider LED lights or Christmas lights to brighten the Jack-o’-lantern. Also, don’t forget to decorate and be creative!
  6. Host a bonfire- Finally, another common activity to do as the weather gets chillier is to have a bonfire. Get cozy, and have fun with friends with the bonfire to warm you up.

Regardless of what you choose to do this fall, make sure to take some time off and take a breather. If you have spare time, try one of these activities to have some fun!