Opinion: The Summer Before College Will Be the Best Summer

As the school year ends and finals week begins, the only thing on many students’ minds is… SUMMER!! And for seniors, this is probably the most important summer. The summer before college and before your life really begins.

Most years I spend my summer with my friends at the beach, getting ice cream, going on vacation with my family, and just having fun without stressing about anything.

While this summer may not seem like it will be any different, there are so many things that will be new and exciting. For one, I am going to get to hang out with my college roommate this summer. It will be the perfect way to get to know each other before rooming together in the fall. This summer will also definitely be spent looking for new clothes and decorations for my dorm and even just thinking about this is making me so excited. I am also going to be visiting my school and preparing myself to live there.

Another thing that excites me for this summer is that I will get to spend so much time with my family and friends before leaving for school. I am just thinking about all the beach days where all I am going to be doing is laying in the sand and swimming in the lake. This summer I am also really excited to be going to music festivals. There are so many I would like to go to like, Summer Smash, Lollapalooza and Country Thunder. While I do not know if I am for sure going to go to all these concerts yet, it is definitely a possibility and something I am really looking forward to.

Normally, I go to Bosnia & Herzegovina in the summer. Also, my family and I will visit other countries in Europe as well. We always go for at least a month. But, since this is my last summer before college, me and my family decided to stay here instead so I could spend more time with my friends. While I am disappointed that I can’t go to Bosnia & Herzegovina, I am still excited to be able to spend the summer here.

Most people also have trips planned in the summer.  My family, friends and I are planning trips to go to and I can’t wait to look back on this and see where we ended up going.

While I am not doing many things differently this summer than I usually would, it is just exciting to think that this is my last summer before entering a new chapter of my life and I think that is what will make it so special.