Girls Softball Senior Night vs Lane Tech

Niles West to host 19th Annual McDonald’s City-Suburban Showdown

Niles West to host 19th Annual McDonalds City-Suburban Showdown

Niles West has gained the opportunity to host the 19th Annual McDonald’s City-Suburban basketball showdown on Saturday Feb. 22.

The festivities will tip off at 6:30 as Kentucky-bound, nationally ranked point guard Tyler Ulis and Marian Catholic high school take on junior forward/division one prospect Evan Boudreaux and Lake Forest. Following the 6:30 game, the defending class 4A state champion Simeon Wolverines will battle point guard Jalen Brunson, who will lead Adlai E. Stevenson high school as they look to take down the defending champs.

The Niles West Box Office will open from 2:00 p.m.-7:30 p.m. on event day in the event that tickets are still available and while supplies last.

“These two games will feature some of the best and brightest stars in Illinois boys basketball and pits some of the best teams in the area, including 4-time state champion Simeon Academy. If you can’t get excited about having 3,000+ fans in your main gym and watching future potential college All-Americans and pro players, I’m not sure what would get you excited!” said Niles West Athletic director Kendall Griffin. “Niles West is very excited to have been contacted and contracted to host the 19th Annual McDonald’s City-Suburban Showdown this year, because we believe it helps to showcase the awesome facilities we have here at Niles West and District 219 schools. It also helps to get the Niles West name out there in the community and around Chicago and we are excited to have fans from all around Chicago and the suburbs come here to see our school for this event. Mr. David Rosengard, the former athletic director here, deserves credit for getting the initial conversations going about hosting the games here and I have been able to finalize the details over the past month,” he added.