Girls Softball Senior Night vs Lane Tech

The Biggest Game of the Year

This year’s big game, one of the biggest sporting events of the year, is getting lots of people riled up. Even if it’s just for the commercials, multitudes of people watch.

Despite the tough season that went on, which felt like a string of Thursday night games, it has finally come and it couldn’t be a better match-up. This game looks like it will be a shootout between the NFL’s top two offensive teams.

On one side you have the New England Patriots, led by Tom Brady, making their seventh appearance in 16 years. The Patriots are favored to win their fifth. But on the other side you have the Atlanta Falcons, making their first appearance since 1998, who have never won.

Sophomore Christina Singler doesn’t think that the game will be close. Her prediction is that the Patriots will win easily.

“This is a first big game appearance for most of the Falcons players and they just don’t have the experience compared to the Patriots, where this is almost a yearly tradition for Tom Brady and Bill Belichick.”

For those who watch this game for the ads, there will plenty of those to watch and talk about later. One of the confirmed commercials is a Snickers commercial with Star Wars star Adam Driver.

Sophomore Andrew Lee believes the game will only be competitive if the Falcons can stop Tom Brady.

“This game might be a straight blowout if they can’t stop Brady, regardless of how strong their offense is because all the [Patriots] need is a couple stops and they have the game won.”

Freshman Daniel Ramirez believes that the game will be closer than most believe.

“The Falcons have many offensive weapons that they can use to ‘fly’ past the Patriots like they did in the NFC Championship against the Green Bay Packers.”

This is a game that should be competitive, but only if each team brings forth their best effort, unlike in recent years games. Either way, there’s no telling whether the Patriots will pull out another win or the Falcons will be the underdogs of this game.

It will take place on Sunday Feb. 5 at 5:30 p.m. on FOX, make sure to watch.