Calling All Designers: District 219 Student Logo Contest

An+email+sent+to+students+on+April+12+marked+the+official+start+to+the+D219+logo+contest.+

An email sent to students on April 12 marked the official start to the D219 logo contest.

By Alicia Malek, Academics Editor

District 219 is hosting a contest for a new district logo. Any student from Niles North, Niles West, Bridges and Niles Central may participate, but each student may only submit one design. The contest will run from April 12 through Friday April 29 at 4:00 pm.

According to contest rules, “All designs must communicate our district identity of an “EMPOWERED” student. The “E.M.P.O.W.E.R.” acronym encompasses the following qualities: Equity-driven, Mindful, Passionate, Opportunity-seekers, Wordly, Exceeding expectations, and Resilient.”

Furthermore, designs should use two to four colors, should not include copyrighted images or fonts, and should include the district name: D219, District 219 or Niles Township District 219.

Since this is a district logo, it may contain colors or symbols representing Niles West and Niles North, but it should not be centered around one of the schools.

While designs may be digitally made or hand drawn, digitally is recommended as it is easier to transfer to merchandise. It should also be a transparent image in .png format.

Once submissions are in, the five winning designs will be selected and sent to the District 219 community who will vote and rank them.

Prizes include a 14 inch Macbook Pro (512 GB), an 11 inch iPad Pro Display (512 GB) with a Magic Apple Pencil and 2nd Generation Magic Keyboard, an iPhone 13 Pro, an Apple Watch Series 7, and an Airpod Pro Headphones. The winners will choose their prize in order of ranking.

To participate, students will need to fill out and upload their designs to this Jotform. The winners will be announced on Friday, May 6 during homeroom. Good luck!