Opinion: What is the Best Christmas Movie?

With the Christmas season rapidly approaching watching Christmas movies is one of the best things to do, but there is only one could I watch over and over again. There are so many great picks: Home Alone, Christmas Story and National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation.

Home Alone, the first one, is just a classic. I have to watch it at least once a year because of the traps that Kevin sets in his house for the robbers. I remember watching that movie when I was younger just because of how funny that part was. Now looking back on it, the part in the movie when the robbers break into the house is what I think is the only amusing part of the entire movie.

National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation is also one of those movies that is known by most people. This movie, I feel, is a closer comparison to Elf because of how there is comedy throughout the whole movie. It’s consistent comedy too as Home Alone like I said before is more of a spotty comedy nothing throughout the whole movie.

The Christmas Story is a classic Christmas movie than anything. It is a well-known movie, but my personal experience from watching The Christmas Story was just fine. I wasn’t interested in the movie but I felt like I needed to watch the movie just to say I watched the movie. Just like at my uncle’s house, the movie has a leg lamp which is something the movie is known for. It is such a random and weird thing to see.

Elf I feel like reigns supreme over all of these movies. I think it easily beats Christmas Story and Home Alone. I think that National Lampoon’s and Elf is a toss-up. For me it’s Elf, but by a narrow margin. I just think that Will Ferrell plays the role of Buddy the Elf so well and makes me feel in the Christmas spirit. Another thing that I like about Elf is that it isn’t like any other Christmas movie, since it is focused on him being an elf in New York City. Where a lot of crazy stuff goes on and he got the looks like he was crazy. However, the National Lampoons is more of the family madness that comes with Christmas. I also think that Elf represents the Christmas spirit out of all of the movies listed which I why I find it the most enjoyable.

All are great movies to watch that I enjoy, but I just get sick of watching those movies eventually. Even though I watch this movie every year, Elf is undoubtedly my favorite.