Niles West’s MSA Hosts Second Annual Ramaday

Choir Holiday Concert Coming Soon

Students pictured rehearsing for their Dec. 16 performance.

All the choirs, Woman’s, Men’s, Chambers, and Masters join the A Capella extra curricular groups of Guys and Dolls, High Fidelity, and Echo Effect, and the new Gospel Choir Club for a massive holiday concert with music that varies from secular, like Once Upon a December performed by Chambers, and sacred, like Carols of the Bells performed by Masters.

“We’ve worked hard and we want you to be there,” says junior Chambers’ member Mary Mando.

“You should join us, because it’s holiday music that will get you geared up for the holidays,” says director Amy Brahnal.

Behind the scenes, the students have worked very hard for this concert, but their enjoyment for singing doesn’t stop. Not only do they sing individual songs, but they’ve worked on groups songs that they’ll perform together, like their opening piece of Dona Nobis Pacem.

“I really enjoy it, because it’s a mix of classical music that everyone knows, and music that’s different,” says senior Masters’ member Christina Philip.

“We use music to express our excitement for the holidays, and we perform to please the crowd with our excitement,” says Mando.

After the concert, there will be a desert buffet in the school’s cafeteria, where you’ll get to meet the director and members of the choirs.