The Best Books to Read on Valentine’s Day

As Valentine’s Day is here, one of the ways to get in the spirit could be to read a romance novel or series. Regardless of if you’re single, taken or in the ‘it’s complicated’ phase, these non Co-Ho (Colleen Hoover) reads will make you feel like you’re falling in love.

Written by Lauren Asher, the “Dreamland Billionaire” series follows the lives of three brothers fulfilling their late grandfather’s wishes in order to gain their inheritance. Each book of the series follows a separate trope: Rowan and Zahra’s story in “The Fine Print” is an enemies to lovers; Declan and Iris’s story in “Terms and Conditions” is a marriage of convenience; Cal and Alana’s story in “The Final Offer” is a second chance romance. Whilst I enjoyed all of the books, my favorite would have to be “The Final Offer” because it brought all of the separate stories to a close and included many cute and endearing moments. Although the books are intertwined with one another, they can definitely be read as stand-alone books as well.

A very popular and highly debated book is next on the list. “The Love Hypothesis” by Ali Hazelwood follows the story of STEM student Olive as she tries to convince her best friend that she’s moved on from the guy that her best friend is interested in. In attempting to do so, Olive ends up fake dating a professor, Adam Carlsen (don’t worry though, he’s not really her professor), and the book really takes off from there. The novel is filled with many heartwarming and relatable moments, so be sure to check out Olive and Adam’s journey in this book.

If you’re a fan of sweet and captivating stories, “From Lukov With Love” by Mariana Zapata should be on your TBR (to be read) list. The novel follows the story of figure skater Jasmine Santos having to partner up with her childhood best friend’s brother Ivan Lukov for a major competition. Jasmine soon realizes that there’s more to Ivan than what meets her eye as her preconceived notions about him soon get debunked. If you’re a fan of a slow-burn romance with a caring and charming main male character, this book is definitely for you.

The “Serpent and Dove” series by Shelby Mahurin follows the story of Lou, a female witch in hiding, mistakenly falling into a marriage with Reid, an openly proud witch-hunter. Throughout the three books in the series, Lou and Reid develop strong feelings and a deep connection with each other despite their differences, while also facing many obstacles along their path. The series has a good balance between romance, action and drama, allowing for the reader to be taken on a thrilling adventure in addition to a captivating love story. If you’re a fan of fantasy books or series that include components of romance, then this series could soon become your new favorite.

While there are countless romance books out there in the world, the stories told in these four novels and series definitely make my top cut and give me all that I want in a good read: a good plot, likable characters and a loving couple.