My Top 5 Makeup Products

Shutterstock

Doing my makeup in the morning is easily one of my favorite parts of my day. I love trying out new products and new methods I find on TikTok. I’ve tried many different products, from both drugstore and high-end brands, but some steps cannot be wiped off and are crucial to my everyday routine. Down below are my top 5 favorite makeup products.

1. Crayon Eyeliner

The Risks Of Using Wooden Eyeliner Pencils That You Probably Haven't Considered

The biggest shock to me is seeing how different my face looks before and after putting on any eye makeup. My eyes feel naked when all my face products are applied, but my eyes are bare. Using a crayon eye pencil brings the look together, making it one of the most crucial parts of my everyday routine. I use a black NYX Vivid Bright Retractable Mechanical Liner in my waterline. I have very thin lashes, so putting a little bit of black eyeliner makes my lash line look fuller and thicker, and makes my eyes stand out from the rest of my face. I always had big eyes growing up, so I love making my eyes the focal point of my face. Pair it up with my favorite pair of lashes, Kiss Little Black Dress, and my eye look is complete.

2. Tinted Moisturizer

The 13 Best Tinted Sunscreens for Oily Skin, According to Derms

I have eczema and the severity of it during my childhood caused a lot of discoloration on my skin. Instead of using foundations, which are typically heavy and can look cakey, I use tinted moisturizer. They feel lighter and also hydrate any dry patches on my face. Whether I want something very sheer or a more full-coverage look, my Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue Tinted Moisturizer has me covered. This is a product I’ve been using since the eighth grade, and I have no intention of leaving it out of my daily makeup routine anytime soon. This also doubles as a skincare product, containing SPF 30. While it’s slightly pricier, I think it’s worth it for its multifunctional use.

3. Concealer

Find Your Perfect Concealer Shade | Beautylish

Everyone gets some acne here and there, and I’m not afraid to admit that. To cover it up and even out my complexion more, I love using my Hourglass Vanish Airbrush Concealer. Although it’s also on the expensive side, a little goes a long way. One tube can last me months. Hourglass has a great shade range, and I was so lucky to find one that matched my skin perfectly. I also have an incredibly busy schedule so I’m constantly sleep-deprived, resulting in dark circles and puffy under eyes. I use the Morphe 2 Hide and Peek Concealer to look more lively. What I love most about this concealer is how easily blendable it is. Whether I’m using a concealer brush or a beauty blender, I’ve never had any complications with blending it out.

4. Loose Powder

1,700+ Loose Powder Stock Photos, Pictures & Royalty-Free Images - iStock | Loose powder makeup

Powders set my face and holds my makeup in place all day. Whether I need to lock in my makeup or do a full bake, the Morphe Bake and Set Soft Focus Powder has got me covered. For such a reasonable price of $11.50 from Ulta, this tiny tray of powder can last you months. With this powder, less is more.

5. Lip Balm

The Best Lip Balm for Dry Lips, According to Dermatologists | Best Health

Opposite of making my eyes look dark and bold, I love adding a pinky-nude color to my lips. When looking for something natural and easy to do on the go, I use my Summer Fridays Lip Butter Balm in Pink Sugar. It’s truly the all-in-one product- It keeps my lips hydrated all day, it smells just like a sugar cookie and adds a sheer pink tint. If I’m looking for something that adds a little more, I use my Hourglass Phantom Volumizing Glossy Balm in the shade Slip. This product does more than your typical lip balm. It also acts as a lip-plumper but doesn’t burn or make your lips feel incredibly tingly. Since it also has thin packaging, it’s super easy to throw into my bag and carry around with me.