Upcoming Music Festivals to Attend This Summer

Visitors in Chicago sit on blankets at a music venue.

Summer is approaching quickly as we are in the last full school week. If you’re a fan of music and you’re looking for fun activities to participate in during this season, music festivals may be your new best friend. Here are a few festivals that are in the local Chicago area that will be occurring soon.

1. Lyrical Lemonade Summer Smash

Summer Smash is one of the most well known annual music festivals that welcomes all ages. This year, the lineup includes famous artists such as Playboi Carti, Ken Carson, Chief Keef and more. The event takes place on the weekend of June 14-16 at SeatGeek Stadium, Bridgeview. Make sure to purchase tickets quickly–the dates are getting closer and closer

2. Pride Fest

Celebrate and show your pride in the LGBTQ+ community at Pride Fest this year on June 22-23. This is a street festival that takes place just before the Pride Parade in the Northalsted neighborhood. Pop singer Jojo Siwa will be sharing her music live. Drag performances also be included.

3. Logan Square Arts Fest

This is a three day event that lasts until 10 P.M celebrating the diversity of the neighborhood with local music venues and visual art displayed for visitors. The Logan Square Arts Fest welcomes all ages and will be taking place from June 28-30, located at the intersection of Logan Boulevard, Kedzie and Milwaukee Avenue.

4. Wicker Park Fest

This year, the Wicker Park Fest will be July 26-July 28 and will be celebrating Wicker Park’s 20 year anniversary. This festival was marked “Chicago’s Best Street Festival of the Summer” by Chicago Tribune. There will be various bands, local food, arts and crafts, and retail vendors. After parties will also be taking place at the local restaurants.

5. Lollapalooza

Lollapalooza is one of the most anticipated music festivals of the year and will be taking place at Grant Park this summer. Fans showed excitement particularly for this year’s lineup which includes artists such as SZA, Tyler the Creator, Deftones and more. This festival will be taking place August 1-4. The only problem you’d be facing at this fest is your indecisiveness when your two favorite artists perform at the same time!

As this school week draws to a close and the bright sunlight outside calls your name, book your tickets for your local Chicago music festivals. Whether you’re dancing to your favorite songs or admiring the displayed art, these summer festivals will leave you with a lasting memory of the summer.