Niles West to Host the Annual Pizza Wars

Photo by Maggie Wibright.

Niles West will host its annual Pizza Wars, a competition between pizza places, on Thursday Jan. 19, in the cafeteria from 6-9 p.m.

The Pizza Wars is a competition held in order to find the best pizza in the Niles Township. The following restaurants will feature their pizza are Di Caputo’s Pizzeria, Domino’s, Edwardo’s, Gulliver’s, Jet’s, Lou Malnati’s, Nancy’s, Organic Life, Papa John’s, Pequod’s, Sarpino’s, and Village Inn.

The tickets will cost $10 beforehand ($40 for 5) and $12 at the door. The event will benefit Dance Marathon’s second beneficiary D219 Education Foundation for Excellence. The money from this event will go to students who might need calculators, computers, and other fees, said students activities director Jessica Ogulnik.

“Eating pizza the day that final exams end? What could be a better way to show community spirit, relax after a hard week’s work, and also benefit a great cause,” said Ogulnik.

Ogulnik says this is a great way to raise money and enjoys it thoroughly.

“I love pizza, and I love community service. Pizza Wars is one of my favorite D219 events,” said Ogulnik.

The following students will be performing at the Pizza Wars; Naomi Gendler, Annie Kim, Jimmy Song, Nina Roy, Seb Torgus and Olivia Reyes. A few other students are also expected to perform along with the Niles West Rock N’ Roll Club.