The Golden Globes Get Boring

If you love movies or catch up on the best of today’s television series, then you may know that last Sunday night was the 69th Annual Golden Globe Awards, or as Ricky Gervais called it, “the Kim Kardashian to the Oscars’ Kate Middleton.” Sadly, I must agree with him; this year’s award ceremony wasn’t special or memorable at all, it was strictly to the point and all about the actual award.

The third-time hosting Gervais was rude, raw, and unfunny; he just told really bad, tasteless jokes. Thankfully he didn’t show up too much. The planned funny moments weren’t all that great either, especially Jimmy Fallon’s impression of Adam Levine’s “Moves Like Jagger”- it was just way too jittery.

Even the pre-show Red Carpet event was boring. The best award-presenters turned out to be couple Felicity Huffman (“Desperate Housewives”) and William H. Macy (“Shameless”) for their clever song to introduce the nominees for Best Actress. The most memorable moment was robably when Morgan Freeman recieved the Cecil B. DeMille Lifetime Achievement Award, with the longest standing ovation for the presenter Sidney Poitier.

For the categories in cinema:

Best Director for Motion Picture – Martin Scorcese for Hugo.”

Best Animated Feature Film – “The Adventures of Tintin.Steven Speilberg came to collect for colleague Peter Jackson and himself and gave a nice, short speech, but he didn’t seem to be the least bit excited that his movie was the first ever to beat out a Pixar animation.

Best Actress in Motion Picture: Comedy/Musical – Michelle Williams for “My Week with Marilyn.”

Best Actor in Motion Picture: Comedy/Musical – Jean Dujardin for “The Artist.”

Best Motion Picture:  Comedy/Musical – “The Artist.” They probably had the best acceptance speech without ever saying a word; they just played a few tricks with their canine co-star.

Best Actress in Motion Picture: Drama – Meryl Streep for“The Iron Lady.” It was well deserved, and Streep was funny, but was she really so surprised to win yet another Golden Globe? Seriously, she wins one every year.

Best Actor in Motion Picture: Drama – George Clooney for “The Descendants.”

Best Supporting Actress in Motion Picture: Drama – Octavia Spencer for The Help.”

Best Supporting Actor in Motion Picture: Drama – Christopher Plummer for “Beginners.”

Best Motion Picture: Drama – “The Descendants.”

For the categories in television:

Best Actress in TV Series: Comedy/Musical – Laura Dern for “Enlightened.”

Best Actor in TV Series: Comedy/Musical – Matt Le Blanc for “Episodes.” Is it fair for someone to win an acting award for playing themselves?

Best TV Series: Comedy/Musical – Modern Family.” This was the most obvious win, so much that the cast had time to rehearse an elaborate acceptance speech.

Best Actress in TV Series:  Drama – Claire Danes for “Homeland.” It seems only the blond actresses have episodes of violent hyperventilation.

Best Actor in TV Series: Drama – Kelsey Grammer for“Boss,” who couldn’t be less excited for finally leaving the name of Fraiser behind.

Best TV Series: Drama – “Homeland.” This was one of the Golden Globes’ few deserving wins.

Best Actress in Miniseries/TV Movie – Kate Winslet for “Mildred Pierce”, hyperventilating like she always does, which is strange because this was another obvious win.

Best Actor in Miniseries/TV Movie – Idris Elba for “Luther.”

Best Supporting Actress in TV Series/Miniseries/TV Movie – Jessica Lange for “American Horror Story.”

Best Supporting Actor in TV Series/Miniseries/TV Movie – Peter Dinklage for “Game Of Thrones,” another deserving win.