The Freshest Blog!

Dear Freshman class of 2014:

Hello everyone! This is officially the first FRESHman blog of the year. I capitalized “fresh” because we are the freshest in the school, and this is the freshest blog (freshest meaning the coolest (:). I’m Breana Brill, your peer, your friend, oh, and your freshman blogger. I’ll be your guide this entire year, keeping you updated on just, well, freshman things. I’ll talk about the games, netbooks, homecoming, and life as a first-year high schooler (yes, I know schooler’s not a word).

Guess what?! We’ve already survived about seven weeks of high school, now that deserves a round of applause! You know, high school isn’t as bad/scary as I thought it would be; it’s actually pretty fun! Sure, you have to wake up early, run about five miles a day in gym, and you get four hours of homework each night–but think about it: This is way better than junior high. There’s so much more freedom and so many new faces every day. I’m having one problem though, the netbooks.

Yeah, they are pretty cool and I love how we don’t have to carry around any books! But is anyone else’s front screens totally scratched up? If so, maybe it’s time to go ask Mom or Dad for a laptop cover, because honestly all these dents and scratches can’t be healthy for our laptops; I mean they have to last FOUR years! To get a laptop cover, you can just go to the bookstore and purchase one for only seven dollars, and I swear, it’s worth the money. I should probably go and do that soon. Oh and some advice: don’t let your siblings jump on your bed while your laptop’s on your bed, because the computer will flip off and will get a huge unnecessary scratch and believe me, I would know.

I don’t know about you guys, but I’m LOVING the NTHS emails. I love how you can just look up a name and BAM! There’s the email! You know, I’m not used to getting emails, I really haven’t sent or received any since I was eight. So whenever I get an email, I get super excited! I like sending emails more than sending Facebook messages. Yeah, that much.

Well, that’s all I have for you today! But before I go, here’s a helpful tip:

Do you want to download Skype for your netbook? Go here, click on Ubuntu 8.10+32-bit and click save file, download and install it. Then go to the Internet section on your main screen and WOAH! There it is. You’re  welcome (:

Have a fantastic day!

Until next time,
Breana Brill

P.S. No Skyping during class!

P.P.S. Tell me how your first seven weeks of school have been, do you like high school? Is it better than junior high?