Lucas Scott Returns to One Tree Hill: Spoiler Alert

Last night’s episode of “One Tree Hill” featured the return of former star Lucas Scott. Chad Michael Murrary took on the role of Lucas Scott on the hit show “One Tree Hill” on September 23, 2003, and the show has blossomed to a phenomena ever since. When Lucas and his wife Peyton (Hilary Burton from “White Collar”) left the show at the end of season 6, it was close to say that I was devastated.

The show, now in it’s final season, has had many turbulent themes throughout the years on air. Love triangles, school shootings, stalkings, teenage marriage and pregnancy, childhood emancipation, and the glory of dreams coming true. Now the show has begun it’s most difficult story line of series finale and the return of a beloved character was highly anticipated. Sorry for me, last night’s premiere did not live up to the hype.

If you’re behind on the show, missed a couple of episodes or keep forgetting the days of the week since “No-School Monday” messed with your brain, stop reading here. Nathan (James Lafferty) is kidnapped by the crazy European basketball crazies and the tension in the Scott mansion is running high. I had the misconception that Lucas was coming  back from who-knows-where to stay with the Scotts, to keep their minds busy as the police search for her missing husband. Sadly, I was wrong because it looks like this one reappearance may be Murray’s last. Seeing as how Haley asked him to take their kids, Jamie and Lydia, to stay with him and his wife Peyton so Haley doesn’t “loose it in front of them,” as Haley (Bethany Joy Galeotti) put it.

Everything turned crazy last night. Brooke (Sophia Bush from “John Tucker Must Die”) went to jail, but not because she did a no-no.  She went to confront her attacker from season 5, who also killed Quentin Fields, who was up for parole.

Be sure to find out what’s going on with Nathan, Haley, and Brooke, who are the remaining 3 main stars of the show, at 7 p.m on Wednesdays on the CW.