Class of 2014 Twins Try to Set a World Record

Zuzanna and Anna Antonow, a set of the 14 pairs of twins in the sophomore class.

Niles West is competing for the Guinness Book World of Records for the most pairs of twins in one grade level on Apr. 4, 2012. Currently there are 14 sets of twins in the sophomore class.

According to student activities director Jessica Ogulnik, this is the first time there have been so many twins in one grade level. Along with that, she believes that Niles West’s twins will most likely make their place in the Guinness Book World Book of records if everyone shows up.

“I think it [entering the Book of World Records] is something fun and original which we haven’t yet attempted,” Ogulnik said.

Sophomores Anna and Zuzanna Antonow, one of the 14 pairs of twins, are excited for this event.

“I think that this would be a once in a lifetime experience. The fact that we may be in a world record is really amazing and exciting, because we get to be a little famous! I believe that if the plan really goes through, it will just be an unforgettable and wonderful experience,” said Anna.

Payton and Taylor Genis

Zuzanna is also excited; she believes that the chances to get in are very high.

“I think we have good chances of getting in the world book of records because, well, what other high schools in America have as many twins in one grade as we do? Plus, I think people think it is very cool that we have so many twins,” said Zuzanna.

Sophomore Taylor and Payton Genis are another pair of twins from Niles West.

Taylor says this is one of the best opportunities in her life.

“I think it’s awesome that we are going to be in the Book of World Records! This is one of the coolest opportunities that I’ve experienced in my life,” said Taylor.

Payton thinks this event makes her feel special to have a twin.

“It makes me feel really special and it reminds me how lucky I am to have an amazing twin like I do,” said Payton.

She is unsure of the chances the sophomore twins have on getting into the book, but she hopes they will get in.

“I don’t know about the chances that we will actually enter into the book but hopefully we have a slight chance,” said Payton.

Sophomores Stephanie and Brian Knorr are also a part of this competition. They are both excited but they’re not sure how long they will be able to hold the record for.

“We are really excited to try to be in the book of world records. It’ll be fun to be able to say that we hold a world record even though we didn’t do much for it.  I think we will get into the world record book; however, I’m not sure how long we will hold the record,” said Stephanie and Brian.

*UPDATE: Many twins did not show up on April 4th, 2012. As a result, the day has been rescheduled for Wednesday, April 18th. All the twins are expected to show up to take a picture for the Guinness World Book of Records.