The Glass Slipper Project Donates Prom Dresses

It is that time of the year again, when girls go crazy over dresses, and guys struggle to think of a romantic way to ask them to prom. But what if the girl can’t afford that dream dress? Well, The Glass Slipper Project was created to assist girls in need of a prom dress.

If you own a beautiful dress that you don’t want anymore, bring it to Old Orchard on March 24 at 4 p.m. to the Westfield Concierge located in the Service Collection next to Helzberg Diamonds, Pot Belly’s and Champps, where there will be a party to bring teenage girls together to celebrate prom.

“The Glass Slipper Project focuses on one very special time in [girls’] lives, their high school prom, and works to ensure girls will walk away with memories of feeling beautiful on this special day,” says marketing director of Westfield Old Orchard Shannon Ridgeway.

There will be a DJ, prizes, giveaways, a candy bar, make up touch ups, and more to raise awareness about communities coming together.

“One of Westfield’s focuses is social responsibility and giving back to the community.  We recognize that there is a need to provide those less fortunate with resources they may not otherwise have access to.  Westfield is thrilled to be giving back to the community through this meaningful program.  We are happy to provide the means for a special occasion these young women will always remember,” says Ridgeway.

Students are happy to come together as well, ready to make our community a better place.

“I’m so happy we’re gonna get to do this. [Helping] other girls with prom is something that I’d want someone else to do for me, so I’m excited to do this for others. It will fun, anyway,” says junior Selina Montero.