Sophomore Twins Try Again for World Record

After being postponed from April 4, Niles West’s 14 pairs of sophomore twins met again during homeroom on Wednesday, April 18 to take a picture for the Guinness World Book of Records.

The sophomores were supposed to meet up after school on April 4, but many twins didn’t come that day. Yesterday, during homeroom, the twins met up again and all of the twins showed up. Students and activities director Jessica Ogulnik has sent the picture to United Kingdom, and the results will be known in a few weeks. The previous record, according to Ogulnik, was 13 pairs.

“I’m so excited! I can’t wait to see if they accept us and I think this is one of the coolest things to have ever happened to me and Payton! Hopefully we will beat the record and be a part of history,” said sophomore Taylor Genis.

Payton and Taylor are one of the 14 pairs of twins that are trying to get into the World Book of Records.

Stacey and Stephanie Canchola are another one of the 14 pairs. Stacey says that she feels like she has accomplished something great.

“I feel like I have accomplished something great at this point in my life because it’s difficult to get into the World Book of Records,” said Stephanie.

Sophomore twins Zuzanna and Anna Antonow are also very excited.

“I feel like we have accomplished a great feat. I mean, walking around the halls today and seeing all the twins and hearing everyone talk about how cool it is that we’re in the world records, it makes me proud to be a twin. I’m just glad that everyone showed up this time so that we could actually take a picture with everyone, and when I saw all the other students with their faces plastered to the windows to see the picture being taken I almost felt famous. It was a great experience and I hope more people will realize from this that, although we ourselves as twins didn’t do much to make this record happen, it is still so exciting to actually notice how many twins we have in a single grade,” said Zuzanna.

Anna is also very happy, but she is worried about not making it to the World Book of Records.

“I’m really excited but also anxious because we still need to find out if we have officially made it or not. I have my hopes up, but there are always chances that someone beat us to it. Right now I’m a bit worried, but if our picture shows up in this upcoming world records book, I won’t be able to believe it,” said Anna.