CSL Show Displays Student Art Work

img_9735The Central Suburban League Art Exhibit (CSL) is a non-competitive show that took place on Friday at 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the Art Center at Highland Park, 1957 Sheridan Road, where a variety of works from students were exhibited.

Since late August, students from the twelve suburban schools have been working on their pieces,forty 2D and fifteen 3D pieces per school–which will be framed and set in a gallery setting, presented by the students themselves.

“CSL supports other areas in education and gives the opportunity to students to show their interesting talent,” says Fine Arts instructor John Zilewicz.

Works that extend from pastel to art draw will be exhibited from students of different grades.

“I’ve entered my oil pastel shell piece, and I’m very excited so see my art featured,” says freshman Nicole Nienow.

“I’m excited, because my oil pastel shell piece had been entered for my first show,” says freshman Valentina Zadro.

The students’ love for art is expressed through their artwork and are inspired to share it.

“It’s [a talent] that not everyone has, and it’s way to show that talent. We’ve worked very hard for this show, and we’re expecting to see people there,” says Zadro.

“It’s a way to show what other students have to bring to the table, and art is an amazing talent,” says Nienow.