Fashion Show to Rock the Catwalk

Dresses for the "Annual Niles Township Fashion Show". Photo by Vicky Robles

The Niles Township annual fashion show is scheduled to take place on Monday, May 14 from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the Holiday Inn in Skokie.

This specific fashion show will showcase work from Niles North and Niles West students. Clothing that will be presented are the works of students in the fashion classes at both West and North.

“We’ve been working for months on the clothes that will be in the show, it’s taken a lot of work,” said freshman fashion student Nina Saro.

The students have worked to organize and gather models to present the designed clothing. Different apparel will be shown, such as formal and casual looks for all the seasons.

“It took a lot of time, around three months, just to finish some of the pieces that will  be in the show,” said freshman fashion student Daniella Buljan.

To be admitted, families and friends can pay the $2 admission fee or donate any used prom dress or accessory. All gathered prom dresses and accessories will be donated to the non-profit organization, The Glass Slipper Project.

“The purpose of the show is not only to present what we’ve made, but also to help The Glass Slipper Project,” said Saro.

The Glass Slipper Project collects gently used, or new, prom dresses, shoes, and accessories Gathered prom dresses and accessories are then given away for free to juniors and seniors in the Chicago land area who are not able to purchase their own prom attire.

“By incorporating the donations for the Glass Slipper Project, we’re able to help the project and present our clothes,” added Saro.

Doors to the fashion show will open at 6:30 p.m., and the show will begin at 7 p.m. All students and families are encouraged to come.