Niles West Quran Study to Host a Debate

Niles West Quran Study will be hosting a debate on Friday, May 18 which will discuss various aspects of the Syrian revolution.

Syria’s revolutions arise many questions on the freedom of citizens in the Middle East and whether or not the Unites States of America should interfere with these issues. All of these topics and many more will be discussed this Friday. Before the debate, Junior and member of Quran Study Zarin Sultana and Samama Mahmud will provide background information about the revolutions. Following that, three questions will be presented to the students which they will be able to discuss and choose their stance. Along, with that sophomore Fatima Farha will be judging the debate.

“I think the debate will help people understand the situation better, and it will open up people’s minds on how the situation should be dealt with no matter what side they’re on,” said Sultana.

Mahmud believes this will be a good opportunity for people to learn about the problems of the Middle East.

“I think it’s really important because there are a lot of problems going on in the Middle East and this gives us an opportunity to learn about them.”

There will be a regular Friday prayer session. The debate will begin shortly afterwards. Everyone, regardless of their religion, are welcome to attend.