Wondering What to Wear This Summer? Here it is.

Enough was said in the title. So, here it is.

High-Waisted Shorts. I’m not just vouching for this lovely style of shorts because I wear them religiously; I am seeing images of them on just about every blog I follow. They render  a silhouette that hasn’t been popular in a while–with an emphasis on the waist– and they’re a nice break from the low-rise short shorts that have been around in the last years.

Myself wearing my favorite high-waisted, light-washed shorts.

Pleats make skirts and tops look elegant and classy. I especially love them on…

Maxi-skirts are a great bottom to add variety to your wardrobe this summer. I especially love, you guessed it, high-waisted maxi skirts–again they add emphasis to the waist. Wear them with a crop top and sandals for the day and dress them up with heels  for the night.

Yes, this is me in a parking lot spinning around. Classy, right? The important thing is that I'm wearing a pleated maxi skirt.

Remember that pop of color I mentioned in the spring? Well this trend has extended to hotter weather. Remember, wear it with a neutral to emphasize the color for the best look.

My red, velvet satchel worn.

Ever heard of Olivia Palermo? Sound familiar? Well, she is an arbiter on the street style scene and has devoted herself to luxurious, preppy style. From the very beginning of her rise to fame, one of her signature wardrobe pieces has been the loafer. That’s right–loafers; they’re not just for your grandma anymore. Adding a quirky touch to your style, I have seen them with beads, suede, velvet, even spikes. That way, they don’t have to be insipid and you can express your style, whatever it may be. Loafers would also compel a stray from the signature, summer flip-flops.

MY first pair of loafers; as you can imagine, I was proud.
More velvet. This time, it's navy and in the form of a loafer.

Printed pants. Yes, they’re pants, and yes it’s hot in the summer–hot weather and pants (not a good combination). But, there’s always a way to incorporate them into your look. Keep in mind, it’s not always going to be 90 degrees out there, especially in the night, and if necessary, you can wear them with pieces better suited for the probable warm weather: sandals, tanks, a loose top. There are so many options too– floral, geometric, tribal, even striped– and if made of a loose, breathable fabric, they shouldn’t be a problem any time.

A pair of blue, polka-dot pants. If you were wearing them, I'm sure that you would be staring at yourself as well.

Now, on to bathing suits, almost unavoidable supplements when the thought of summer comes to mind, wouldn’t you say? This summer, I advocate for balcony-style bikinis. As long as you have the style as a base, I’m sure any print or color will look good. They’ve been trending for years now, but I think this summer they’re going to be especially popular.

Before you leave me for the beach, or whatever else will peak your interest this summer, I’d like to remind you of a few last things: wear black with caution (yes it’s the best color in the world, I know, but it’s not always wise for hot weather), try to stick to breathable fabric, wear sunscreen, and all that good stuff.