What Freshmen are Talking About

Dear Class of 2014,

What’s up, Freshmen! Oh, well, I definitely know what’s up. Is…
BLACK OPS WHAT’S UP?! Yes, I think so. I’ve asked at least 25 guys what’s been on their top-5 things to do lately, and I swear they all said to play Black Ops. It makes me wonder what’s so good about this video game? What is so addicting about COD (Call of Duty)? I’m interested to know why shooting people on a video game is so fun, but then again it’s probably just a guy thing. Hmm..

So recently, I went around asking Freshmen what’s been ‘up’ lately and how you all have been getting along with high school (special thanks to my friend Emma Lazar for helping me!) and here’s what you guys came up with:

Well, like I said for boys, it’s all about Black Ops and winter sports, like basketball. A lot of guys seem stoked about getting on the court and we’re all excited to cheer them on, right?  Come on Freshmen, we need more school spirit!

For both genders, we talked about the new Harry Potter movie. A lot of you seem so excited to see it! Oh, just so you guys know, you don’t have to be a nerd to like Harry Potter, ahem.

We also talked about how school was going and, guys, we need help. Almost all of you are having trouble with Math, English, Biology and a language. That’s almost all of your classes! I mean no worries guys, I’m right there with you. But when I asked you if you’ve been to the Lit Center, guess what? Eight out of 15 of you haven’t.

I understand you don’t think it’s cool to go or you don’t have enough time with workouts, sports and clubs or whatever else you have, but education comes first. The six out of 15 people who did go said it helps you a lot and takes some stress off of you. So, just try it. Make time for it, because I know your coach, club leader or maybe even Coach Perez (maybe) will understand. They all know education is so important, so go get the help you need! I did and it really does help. Sorry, I had to act like your Mom for a second! (:

Oh and a quick shout out to the Debate Team, who hosted their very own Debate Tournament on Nov. 12 and 13, which was very successful. If you’re interested in joining (which you should be!) contact Mr. Oddo or Mr. Fahrenbacher for more information. I promise it’s fun!

Well, that’s about all I have for you today, but I’ll talk to y’all (I wish I had a southern accent) later!

Oh and guys.. please check out the Lit Center, it’s worth it (:

Have a great day!

Breana Brill