Celli’s: Home to the Best Sandwiches in Town; Comment to Win a $10 giftcard

Photo by Colene Gibson

So it’s time to eat and you’re craving a sandwich, but you can’t decide where to get one.  Subway? Not today.  Jimmy Johns?  Definitely not.  Jason’s Deli?  Not right now.  Celli’s?  Yes! Wait, what?

Celli’s is a new, family-owned restaurant located at 8080 N. Milwaukee with some of the best sandwiches you could ever dream of eating.  Italian beef sandwiches, meatball sandwiches, burgers, hot dogs, wraps: all of them are amazing.

Celli’s opened earlier this year and has since then won over the stomachs of many.  The restaurant is spunky and appealing; the owner and his staff are comical and welcoming; and the food is indisputably delicious.

As soon as you pull into the parking lot, you’ll see the cute window cartoons of a hot dog, milkshake, burger, and order of fries painted onto the glass windows that cover two sides of the building.

When you walk in through the glass doors, the owner, Dominic, will grin from ear to ear and welcome you from behind the counter.

“Hey! What can we get ya?” he’ll ask as you read through the menu that’s posted around the counter. From there, the choice is yours.

There’s the Italian beef that’s better than any other you’ve ever eaten.  (Remember to ask for cheese and peppers!)  There’s the meatball sandwich that you’ll end up addicted to even though it’s a bit messy to eat.  (Get cheese on that, too!)  There are also the burgers, wraps, hot dogs, gyros, or even the pizza sausage sandwich.  Well, the possibilities seem endless and no matter what you choose, it’s delicious.

Whatever you choose to order, don’t forget to order a side of fries.  They’re home cut meaning they’re cut and cooked when you order, so they’re fresh and delicious.  They’re crunchy and have the perfect amount of salt.

Celli’s has some of the best milkshakes around too. That is, if their machine is working.  The chocolate milk shakes are especially delicious even though they offer vanilla and strawberry as well.  If you aren’t up for one of the shakes though, they offer a variety of fountain beverages as well.

No matter what you chose to order, it won’t be expensive.  All the items on the menu are priced somewhere between $3-$5.  Hotdogs are only $3, but some of the items such as the Pepper and Egg Sandwich are $4.

The owner will joke around with you as he takes your order and as you wait if it isn’t too busy for him to talk.  He’s got a great sense of humor, so your time spent in Celli’s, whether you choose to dine-in or carry out, will be fun and definitely leave you wanting to come back again.

The atmosphere of the restaurant is laid-back and welcoming.  There are wooden booths or grey and red vinyl chairs all seated around red tables.  It has almost a diner-like vibe to it, but it’s even better.  There’s a plasma screen television hung on the wall playing the latest sports game.  Under the television is a gumball machine that lets you take a swing at the ball like a pin-ball version of baseball or a machine to get stickers, tattoos, or mini toys.

With food as delicious as it is, staff as funny as it is, and an atmosphere as appealing as it is, Celli’s will quickly win you over and leave you coming back for more.  It’s one of my favorite restaurants, and if you try it, it will be yours too!

Do you want a chance to win a $10-giftcard to Celli’s? With the holiday season approaching, it’s the perfect gift!

To enter the contest, simply leave a comment:

• Have you ever been to Celli’s before?
  • If not, then after reading this review, do you intend to eat at Celli’s? What sounds good to you?
  • If so, what did you order?  What did you think of it?

Comment as much as you would like, but you will only get an entry for your first.

This giveaway is open to STUDENTS ONLY (sorry teachers! NWN staff is not allowed to enter either!)

Two winners will be selected via random.org. The winners will be contacted via email and will be announced on Morning Announcements.

Contest ends Wednesday, Dec. 8 at 8 PM.