“Revolution” is Nothing Revolutionary

Revolution is Nothing Revolutionary

It looks like the new fall trend for TV shows has ditched the “Twilight”  vampire craze, and moved onto a post-apocalyptic America like “The Hunger Games.”

NBC’s “Revolution” starts an adventure through a futuristic America where there is no electricity. The story starts off in a modern-day Chicago where you’d see a normal life of people driving home from work, watching television, and using their cell phones, but suddenly everything shuts off. Everything from cars, computers, air planes, and cell phones stop working and all the lights turn off in a big black out.

15 years later, the main character Charlie Matheson (played by Tracy Spirodakos) begins a journey with her stepmom Rachel Matheson (played by Elizabeth Mitchell) and family friend, Aaron Pittman (played by Zak Orth) to Chicago to find her Uncle Miles (played by Billy Burke from the “Twilight Saga“). Charlie needs aid from Uncle Miles in order to rescue her little brother Danny played by Graham Rogers who was kidnapped by the militia.

The first episode was a little overhyped. I wanted to view it as epic and something that I’ve never seen before, but I’d be lying if I said that. The characters didn’t introduce anything new to the viewers, they played the same stereotypes that you could expect in any TV show. I’ve seen the strong willed teenage daughter that would fight for her family, the hunk who falls for the main character but is the sworn enemy, and the little brother that desperately wants to be brave for his family but truly can’t.

The pilot had amazing moments. There were some funny jokes here and there, and there was this epic battle scene with the militia, but that was it. Everything else seemed so overplayed. I think “Revolution” does have potential to turn into an amazing series, but the pilot was lacking something that could get my attention for episode two.

“Revolution” airs every Monday at 9 p.m. and you can still watch the pilot online.