All Star Weekend Shines at Magnificent Mile Lights Festival

All Star Weekend Photo by Becky Darling

From their first big break on Disney Channel to now, All Star Weekend is an up-and-coming band that performed  at the Annual Magnificent Mile Lights Festival on Saturday, Nov. 20, 2010. With their cute-boy charms and vocals that weren’t altered, All Star Weekend showed their passion for their music.

For a live performance outside, All Star Weekend had great vocals and chemistry that worked. They played songs from their album Suddenly Yours, now in stores, such as: “Dance Forever,” “Amy,” “Come Down With Love,” and “The Weekend.”

“If I could be anyone for 24 hours I would be Bruce Springsteen. I love Bruce Springsteen, he was the reason I got into music,” said lead singer Zach Porter, after the show.

What the crowed seemed to enjoy about the performance was when Porter brought a member of the audience and serenaded her, all of them sang acoustically, and when bassist Cameron Quiseng and drummer Michael Martinez improvised and rapped part of “Forever” by Drake.

Porter said what was unique about the band was how they have been friends since high school and when performing they have great chemistry and always know how to have fun. In the future, they hope to keep doing what they’re doing for their fans.

For an up-and-coming band, their performance was expected. They are an amateur band with potential to reach to the bulk of high school students, if step up their game and go beyond the perfect boy-band image that pre-teens fall for. Listening to their songs, you can hear that they have a lot of passion for singing and performing. Just hear for yourself from their CD Suddenly Yours.

Do you want a chance to win All Star Weekend’s Suddenly Yours?

To enter the contest, simply leave a comment below about All Star Weekend or this review.

Comment as much as you would like, but you will only get an entry for your first.

This giveaway is open to STUDENTS ONLY (NWN staff is not allowed to enter!)

Two winners will be selected via random.org. The winners will be contacted via email and will be announced on Morning Announcements.

Contest ends Thursday, Dec. 16 at 8 PM.