Niles West Hosts Pizza Wars

By Colene Gibson

On Thursday, Jan. 20 from 6-9 pm in the cafeteria, Niles West is scheduled to host the Pizza Wars: a competition to find the best pizza within the Niles Township.

This event will feature pizza from California Pizza Kitchen, Domino’s, Eduardo’s, Graziano’s, Gulliver’s, Lou Malnati’s, Nancy’s, Pequod’s, Sarpino’s, and Village Inn. Tickets are $10 each (or $40 for 5) when ordered online at www.219foundation.org or bought outside the cafeteria.  Tickets will be sold for $12 at the door on the night of the event.

The event will benefit Dance Marathon’s second beneficiary: District 219’s Foundation For Excellence, which is a non-profit, charitable organization dedicated to enriching the education for Niles Township High School students by providing additional resources.  The foundation provides education-related grants to students in need of financial aid that need help improving their academic performances or pursuing academic advancement.  They have dedicated over $68,000 in grants for ACT preparation classes, graphing calculators, AP test fees, personal computers, college visits, scholarships, and more.

Entertainment will be provided by local bands such as Play Macabre, Cataract of Heaven, Blame the Dogs, Average Bros, Klorine, and student and faculty soloists.

Each ticket provides 10 sample sizes of pizza, one from each pizzeria, and refreshments.