MENU

Variety Show to Showcase Student Talent

This year's variety show will be held Friday, Feb. 8 at 7 pm.

This year's variety show will be held Friday, Feb. 8 at 7 pm.

By Rand Jassar

Hang on for a minute...we're trying to find some more stories you might like.

Email This Story

The Variety Show is scheduled to be held  on Friday, Feb. 8 at 7 p.m. in the auditorium.

“More than 30 students have auditioned,” judge and show coordinator George Bravos said. “I think that we have so many talented students in our school, it’s crazy.”

This year’s performers include: senior Max Greene, sophomore Lucas Yun, sophomore Valentina Zadro, freshman Alex Gruezo, freshman Natalia Bafia, sophomore Rita Carmona, junior Deanna Alexander, sophomore Riya Kamat, senior Michael Kim, Rock and Roll Club (senior Merrill Miller), junior Zuzu Antonow, and sophomore Paul Kundzicz

“I hope more people show up, because it’s a really cool show. There are a lot of diverse acts, you can see what your peers can do that you may not even know about,” Kundzciz said.

Senior Seema Suleiman, a judge, said she believes in the importance of sharing a talent with others.

“It is another way of showing students and people this is who I am,” she said.

Tickets for the show will be $5 and will be sold on the day of the show. All students, friends and family of performers are welcome.

Dance Marathon member and Variety Show judge, junior Kyle McCaffrey said the proceeds will benefit this year’s charity.

“The money goes to Rustic Falls Nature Camp, a charity that helps kids with disabilities enjoy the outdoors,” he said.

11 Comments

11 Responses to “Variety Show to Showcase Student Talent”

1. Sam on February 6th, 2013 2:02 pm

I’m looking forward to the variety show. There’s so many talented people in this school. The v show is always a good time. Good story, but I think you missed a few names of some performers though.

[Reply]

2. Mary on February 6th, 2013 2:05 pm

I’m so excited! I can’t wait to perform Friday with my best friend!!! yay!!!

[Reply]

Rand Jassar Reply:

Good luck!

[Reply]

3. Jane on February 6th, 2013 2:06 pm

I can’t wait for the variety show!

[Reply]

4. Selina on February 6th, 2013 2:06 pm

I can’t wait to see the other acts and talent there is in the school, its amazing!

[Reply]

5. John R. Voyles on February 6th, 2013 2:11 pm

Is there any information available on the actual acts to be performed? Are they all music-themed, are there comedy sketches, etc.? Or is that all just to be surprises?

[Reply]

Rand Jassar Reply:

There are different varieties. I don’t know what each act will be, but they are not all going to be songs. I didn’t think it was necessary to put that information up because it seems as if it gave too much away. You should check out the show tomorrow! I’m sure it will be great.
    Thanks for the feedback!

[Reply]

6. Jay S on February 6th, 2013 2:14 pm

The variety show seems like its going to be amazing this year! I would have really liked to have seen a few examples of what acts might be in the show this year!

[Reply]

7. Erin on February 6th, 2013 2:14 pm

I wish they did a better job of letting students know when auditions were!

[Reply]

8. Merrill on February 6th, 2013 10:36 pm

Unofficial event page brought to you by the Niles West Rock N’ Roll Club! http://www.facebook.com/events/463966740317320/

[Reply]

9. Jacob on February 17th, 2013 5:36 pm

That last quote needs to be fact-checked…

[Reply]

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

Navigate Right