Pam Foerch Inducted into Gymnastics Hall of Fame

Girls’ gymnastics head coach and physical education teacher Pam Foerch is scheduled to be inducted into the Illinois High School Girls’ Gymnastics Coaches Association (IHSGGCA ) Hall of Fame after an extensive career as a gymnast, tumbler, coach, judge, and officer of various national and statewide gymnastics chapters on Saturday, Feb. 16 at a ceremonial luncheon at the IHSA Girls’ Gymnastics State Finals.

This honor is bestowed upon those who have been seen by the IHSGGCA as having made significant contributions to the sport of gymnastics.  Foerch’s career at Niles West started in 1990 when she became the girls’ gymnastics head coach and a P.E. teacher.

“When I heard the news I was in shock. To be voted in by your peers is a great honor.  I’m thankful to Niles West for giving me this opportunity, and I am humbled by the honor,” Foerch said in a statement.

Foerch is the wife of Niles West science teacher Steve Foerch, a fellow gymnastics coach himself.

“She’s very deserving of the honor; she’s been at it for thirty years now. She’s gotten many accolades, but her most important accomplishment is the ways she’s helped girls over the years, and that’s what really matters,” Foerch said about his spouse.

Sectionals-qualifying junior gymnast Valerie Fung agrees.

“Foerch is an amazing coach!  She has coached me since I was in sixth grade, and I’ve learned massive amounts from her.  I have so much respect for her as a coach, teacher, and she never fails to make me smile when she gives me pep-talks!” Fung said.