Double Trouble: The Bajric Twins

Everyone wants that someone who will always be there. Just someone to talk to, laugh with, and to turn to for any reason. We’ve all heard the quote “friends come and go, but family is forever,” and freshmen Mario and Mercedes Bajric get the advantage by being fraternal twins.

Born in 1998, the twins grew up with two older sisters and one younger sister. As little kids, they always had each other to kick a soccer ball around or extra help with school work.

Spending most of their time together, they’re comfortable being themselves and goofing around. They joke around when they’re together, whether it’s about Mercedes beating her brother in Fifa or what to watch on the T.V. Everything turns into a fun little competition between the Bajric twins with rewards like being the better twin or bragging rights.

“We’re pretty close. We don’t know what it’s like to not have a twin,” said Mario.

Walking down the halls of Lincoln Hall, the Bajric twins weren’t allowed to have the same classes, but saw each other often because of their same group of friends. Their close friends can tell the twins are super close brother and sister.

“All of their friends are in the same group. When they’re together, they seem like best friends,” says freshman Jane Kim.

The Bajric twins are two different people with their own opinions. However, they can’t avoid the fact that they share similar interests like playing soccer, making new friends, and the obvious factor: they look alike. They even admitted that twin telepathy works.

Whether it’s through eye contact or facial expression, the Bajric twins claim to both know what the other twin is thinking or feeling. They even had an incident where they both threw up within minutes from each other, even though one of them wasn’t even sick.

A lot of crazy experiences come with being a twin, so much that it’s hard to handle. However, being a twin is like having a best friend; they stick together.

Born six minutes earlier, Mario looks out for his “little” sister.

“[Not being a twin] would be a lot harder. He’s there for me through everything- with guys and school,” Mercedes said.

Still a long way to go, college doesn’t seem to be much of a bother yet. If it came down to it, they both agreed they would want to be close but maybe not exactly at the same school. Spending most of their lives together, it would be different not having each other close by.

“It would be weird not seeing each other since we talk every day,” the Bajric twins agreed on.