Annual Pasta n’ Pops to Be Held

As summer quickly approaches, the Niles West fine arts department is scheduled to perform in the annual Pasta n’ Pops concert on Saturday, May 11 in the contest gym from 5:30 p.m. to 9 p.m.

Performances will feature members of jazz band, Pop n’ Rock, and all the combined bands, orchestras, and choirs; as well as soloists.

“I always look forward to Pasta and Pops. The music is great, and this is the only opportunity for all the music groups to perform in the same concert. It’s a great celebration of Niles West music,” orchestra director Steven Katz said.

Fine arts parents are well aware of the time and effort that their children put in towards the concert.

“The students work very hard throughout the year, and this is by far the most well attended concert of the year. Tickets are always sold out,” music parent member Katina Agos said.

The students also enjoy listening to the other music groups perform. It’s a chance for them to hear the musical talents that range in all forms of the fine arts.

“I love listening to all the music groups perform. It gives me a chance to listen to band and choir, and everything they have accomplished throughout the year, sophomore philharmonic orchestra member Rebecca Harbeck said.

Music is not the only thing that will be showcased, there will be a silent auction, as well as dinner and potluck desserts.