The Chrome Book; Nothing like a Net Book

This year’s freshman class of 2017 received Chrome Books instead of past year’s Netbooks, and there has been nothing but good feedback about advance in technology.

The silver Chrome Books operate off of Google Chrome and are said by Tim Furman to be the next step up.

“Every year, the freshmen laptops have improved a little,” Furman said, “This is just the next step, and along with it came a more cost friendly number.”

Freshmen like Greg Leftakes talk highly of their new laptops, and are eager to use them in their classes.

“I like them because they are very fast, and small,” Leftakes said. “I would be embarrassed to be seen with a Net book the older students have, Chrome Books are so much better looking.”

Upperclassmen also have their opinions on the new laptops.

“I’m very jealous, the new laptops are so nice looking and seem to work really well,” senior Kristina Tabar said. “Maybe if I had one, I would actually use it in school. Our old Net Books just don’t compare.”

Junior Susan Enwia is also unhappy with the Netbooks.

“Our Netbooks always seem to not function, or run out of battery, the Chrome Books look like they don’t have any of those problems.” Enwia said.

Many classes are now only using online books, and encourage their students to create folders in their Google accounts to take notes in.

“It’s great not having to carry around any books,” freshman Alex Rowe said. “Everything I need is on my laptop, as long as I have Internet connection, I have pretty much have access to  all of my school work in one place.”