Indo-Pak Club to Host Annual Basketball Tournament

Niles West’s Indo-Pak club is hosting the annual basketball tournament on Saturday, Nov. 9 at 2:30 p.m. in the field house.

This basketball tournament is an event organized by both Niles West and Niles North Indo-Pak clubs. The day consists of approximately 24 teams, each with seven players, playing games until there is the ultimate winner. Everyone can play, even students from other schools.

“Aside from the actual Indo-Pak night show, the tournament is the most interactive event we host. It’s a time for students to come out and enjoy time playing basketball with other students from other schools. It also allows parents, families, and friends to spend time watching the game and just hang out,” senior Anisha Mannancheril said.

Entry to the tournament does require money, but the money that is raised goes towards charity. Last year, it went to Dance Marathon and other charities, and the club members hope that this year it will prove to be successful once again. Since it usually is, there are two tournaments throughout the year, this being the first.

“I encourage people to come so they can support and cheer on the teams. And also, the money goes towards the club and a charity, so it’s a nice fundraising event,” senior Deepa Pardiwala said.

In order to play in a team, students do need to get a form signed by their dean. The admission ticket is five dollars for every person who is playing, and one dollar for anyone just coming to watch. There will food and drinks being sold.