Climate Change Presentations Held Today

Climate Change Presentations Held Today

The AP Environmental Science classes along with the G.C.S.I. have organized an event to bring the Alliance for Climate Education (A.C.E.) to Niles West, today Dec. 6 in the auditorium during all periods.

The A.C.E will be giving interactive presentations according to biology and AP environmental science teachers Susan Schram and Chris Barnett.

“They run every period and are open to any classes (science or not) that wanted to show up,” Barnett said.

Senior and APES student Beata Soltys believes that this is a good opportunity.

“I think the presentation about climate change is beneficial because not only will it teach us about what climate change is and what causes it, but it will also inform us about the growing problem,” Schram said.

Senior and APES student Barbara Magiera agrees with Soltys.

“I think that it’s a good idea because the more educated people are about problems like this and their consequences, the more likely they are to help solve them,” Magiera said.

Soltys also believes that this will provide her with examples of how she can make and effort to control climate change.

“I’m glad have the opportunity to go to this presenation because it will make me more aware of my environment and I’m sure it will provide many example of how, with small, steps we can make an effort to control climate change from changing drastically,” Soltys said.

According to Barnett, more than 30 classes have already signed up to attend the presentations.