Twin Tuesday: Madeline and Max Burbach

Twin Tuesday: Madeline and Max Burbach

At the end of the interview when asked if there were anything else the junior twins Max and Madeline Burbach would like to add, Max proceeded to say with a laugh, “I’m prettier.” Madeline retorted, “Um, no, you’re not…I’m handsomer.” Max then scoffed and said, “Oh, so you want to look like a boy?!” They began to get into a silly, yet innocent brawl. This, my friends, is the epitome of the Burbach twins.

On July 12, 1996, Madeline Michelle Burbach was born twelve minutes before her twin brother, Max John Burbach. They grew up in Morton Grove, Illinois and attended Park View Middle School for nine years. They both prospered in different activities — sports for Max and cheer for Madeline.

When they started attending Niles West, Madeline went ahead and did her own thing while Max did his. While Madeline is a varsity pommer for football and basketball season, Max plays football in the fall and does wrestling in the winter. Although they’re both involved, like most siblings, they have their similarities, differences, likes and dislikes.

“Max is a lot nicer and I’m more responsible,” Madeline says with a smile.

“We both hate it when people say we look alike,” Max states.

Madeline then interrupts and proceeds to say, “If they ask we’re identical it’s annoying because I’m obviously a girl! But we agree we have the same smile.”

They both share an interest in high school football games, working out, and Greek food, because as Madeline said, they have to “rep the homeland!” An annoyance for both of them is sharing the car, and they absolutely despise scary movies and physics.

However, the Burbachs have high hopes and dreams for the future. While Madeline aspires to go to Indiana University and be a sideline cheerleader while planning to work in the fashion industry, Max wants to go to University of Wisconsin Madison and get a degree in mechanical engineering.

Although wherever their lives might take them, they’ll always be there for each other and will be forever changed because of each other.