Shadow Days Guide Registration Starts Today

In an effort to promote Shadow Days guide registration, student activities executive secretary Patricia Ference sent a sign-up form on Tuesday Jan. 21st. Registration will end Thursday, Mar. 20th.

This year, for the Shadow Days, Niles West’s students will be visiting junior high school in order to answer any questions.

“Student Activities sent out an email to all West students today, with a link to the sign-up form. On it, students select a school to visit, where they will talk to incoming 9th graders about what to expect in high school. This is a field trip to the middle schools,” said student and activities director Jessica Pritzker’s substitute Charles Pratt.

Freshman Sedra Khan believes that Shadow Days are helpful.

“Shadow day was very helpful and guides showed us several places and areas,” freshman Sedra Khan said.

On the contrary, senior and a previous guide Asma Hussain believes that the new Shadow Days aren’t helpful. She prefers the previous method where each student has an individual shadow.

“I did not think the new shadow day was helpful and neither did the incoming freshman. All they say was a big scary maze with a lot of people. They all wanted it to be like the older shadow day where they actually got a feel of what high school is actually like,” Hussain said.

Shadow Days guide training will be on April 1st, whereas the actual Shadow Days will take place during the second and third weeks of April.