Holly and Ava Podcast Takeover, Featuring Mr Baum

Breaking News: Niles West Poms Team Place First

The Niles West poms team competed in another Team Dance Illinois competition at Lakes Community High School on this Sunday, Jan. 19.

Yesterday’s competition consisted of a variety of performances- lyrical, hip hop, and flags.Varsity got a first place trophy and was awarded a most artistic routine plaque. The JV team ended up with first place as well, and also with a invitational to the JV championships.

Senior captains Emily Topp and Chrissy Bucior agree the whole team really pulled it together and kept the energy high above.

“Our performance felt amazing and the energy from the crowd kept all of us going. Winning the artistic award and earning the highest overall score at the competition was really exciting and showed all of us that we’re on the right track for nationals in two weeks,” Topp said.

“During the dance I could feel the energy of the team dancing as a whole and I think everyone else did too. When we got off the floor, everyone including me, couldn’t stop saying how amazing that performance felt,” Bucior said.

Senior Ariel Morgan was speechless after competing during the competition.

“It was one of the greatest performances I ever experienced. We worked so hard on making our dance even better than before, so hearing the crowd during and after our performance showed that all our hard work paid off,” Morgan said.

The varsity team will leave for Orlando, Florida for the 2014 National Dance Team Championship that takes place on February 1st and 2nd. The girls will leave Friday, January 31st, and come back Monday, Feb. 3. Varsity last year made it to Florida but did not make it for finals.