Where Are You Going?: University of Minnesota-Twin Cities

Senior Melanie Leftakes recently committed to University of Minnesota-Twin Cities, hoping to expand her knowledge and find her interest as she makes her mark as a Golden Gopher.

NWN: What is your GPA?

Leftakes: 3.5 unweighted.

NWN: What was your highest ACT score?

Leftakes: 27 composite.

NWN: Have you visited the campus prior to being admitted? If so, what did you like about the campus?

Leftakes: I visited about a month ago after I got in and I fell in love. I loved how big it was but how small it felt walking around. There are a lot of students, so the campus is very “happening.” It was a really fun environment to walk around in and also a beautiful campus.

NWN: What clubs and activities are you in or have been in through the years?

Leftakes: Freshman year and sophomore year, I played softball and basketball. I was on the swim team for all four years. I’m currently a Literacy Center tutor and been a part of theatre for the last two years of my high school career. Since junior year, I’m part of the a Capella group called Guys and Dolls.

NWN: How did you narrow down your choices to Minnesota? What made you really want to go there?

Leftakes: The size, location, and what it had to offer. I really don’t know what I want to do with my life so going to a big school will allow me to expand my interests. It’s also a good school, academically. I also LOVE Minneapolis!

NWN: What are you most excited about for college next year?

Leftakes: I’m excited I explore “the real world” on my own, and figure out what I want to do in the future.