Lit Center Awards Ceremony to be Held Thursday

The Literacy Center Tutor award ceremony is scheduled to be held on Thursday, May 15 at 7 pm in the Niles West Auditorium.

“[This event] is very important,” Literacy Center Clerk Kelly Adamovic said. “We have to recognize our tutors- they are very important to the school. I think it motivates them, they get excited when they’re honored and recognized for the work they’ve done in here for the lit center.”

According to Adamovic awards will be given to third year seniors, outstanding sophomore tutors, tutor of the year, rent a tutor, English, ELL, Math and social studies tutors.

Third year tutor and senior Sana Khan is excited for the recognition she will get.

“I didn’t know I was getting an award for being a third year tutor,” she confesses. “I think it’s great because it characterizes what I’ve done for the past few years in the Lit Center and the amount of people I’ve tutored over three years. I think it’s great to get this recognition for helping students at Niles West.”

Senior Tim Chan agrees with Khan.

“It’s something that I can take pride in- in terms of being able to give back to the school and serving other students,” he said. “Being in the Lit Center for three years is something that I’ve enjoyed and something that has been like a blessing. It’s a process that helps both the tutor and the tutee and that’s always been fun and I’ve never been disappointed in that or regretted any of my time in the Lit Center. It’s something I definitely enjoyed and worth getting recognized for.”