Niles West Open House To Be Held Tomorrow Night

This Thursday, Sep. 4, Niles West will be hosting an open house for the first time in 7 years according to Dr. Jason Ness. The open house will run from 6-8:30 pm for the parents of students not taking an early bird class and from 5:40-8:30 pm for the parents of students that are taking an early bird class.

At an Open House each teacher has a chance to sit down with parents students in a group and explain their course  and expectations throughout the year.

“I’m looking forward to being able to talk to parents in a group, and being able to talk about the class in general, as oppose to concerns with specific students,” English teacher Rachel Gross said.

“I think it’s a great opportunity for parents to meet the teachers who come in contact daily with their kids for at least 42 minutes a day and it’s great for parents who have been at Niles West to reconnect. It’s great for new parents to to get a sense of the teachers, the facility, and all the things we have to offer. This is the first time we’ve done the open house in several years, and we wanted to push it up earlier in the school year to give parents the opportunity again to connect with the teachers and themselves with the courses and how to access information and their kids learning,”  Ness said.

A schedule for when each teacher will be hosting their 10 minute sessions was sent home for parents and students.