BREAKING NEWS: Burnt Food in Daycare Kitchen Causes Fire Alarm to Sound

BREAKING NEWS: Burnt Food in Daycare Kitchen Causes Fire Alarm to Sound

By Vinny Kabat

This morning, the school’s fire alarm sounded a few minutes into fourth period, forcing teachers and students to evacuate the building until receiving the all-clear.

According to assistant principal Mark Rigby, a small mishap in the Daycare Center’s kitchen caused the fire alarms to be activated. “We had a little malfunction in the day care kitchen down in room 1407. That set off one of the sensors and the fire alarm, which led to the evacuation of the building,” he explained.

Many students were preparing for and/or in the middle of taking final exams at the time of the evacuation. Senior Theo Beck, who was in the middle of orchestra rehearsal when the alarm sounded, said, “I’m not sure why the fire alarm sounded but I won’t mind it if I don’t have to take my test next period.”

However, officials gave Niles West a thumbs up meaning it was safe to re-enter the building and fourth period classes resumed with just under twenty minutes remaining.