Hello, Niles West

Hello, Niles West

As we say goodbye to the seniors, wishing them good luck with the rest of their lives, we also start to look forward to the upcoming school year and all that it has in store for us. After all that has happened so far, from the  trendy ALS Ice Bucket challenge, to “the Nae Nae,” we can only all imagine what’s to come.

The Niles West News is so excited to continue to keep everyone up to date  on the 411, and I am especially excited to be a part of it as next year’s Editor in Chief. My job is to make sure that everything runs smoothly here on the NWN and we continue to get the best stories possible for our viewers.

While many great staff members are leaving us, we are happy to welcome many newcomers. Along with myself, the upcoming year’s editors will be Katrina Nickell as Managing Editor, Jenna George and Jane Kim as Photo Editors, Sana Kadir as Social Media Editor, Sarah Govis as News Editor, Duaa Israr as Features Editor, and last but not least, Kaylee Robinson as Sports Editor.

The NWN staff is very excited to welcome fresh, new faces to our publication, and we can assure all of you that we will be on top of things, keeping all of you interested.

When I walked into Niles West as a freshman, I planned to be a three sport athlete every year, and focus all my time and energy on sports. However, then I fell in love with Journalism. With the upcoming school year being my third year on staff, I am very excited to see all that is in store for us. These past years have taught me so much; from bettering myself as a writer to learning how to communicate with people, and the NWN is by far the best thing that has happened to me throughout my high school career.

I promise to do everything in my power to continue for the NWN to strive for greatness. My goal is for our publication to be nominated for the Pacemaker Award, while at the same time getting the absolute best content possible.

During the beach days, barbecues, and vacations during this fun filled summer, don’t forget to keep the NWN in mind as we update the site frequently. Congratulations on finishing an anything-but-ordinary year.