Freshman Friday: Natalie Guzman

Unlike most new students, freshman Natalie Guzman, was not nervous about coming into high school. She knew her way around Niles West before the school year even started. Guzman had taken summer school and knew plenty of people coming into her freshman year.

“The only thing I was nervous about coming into high school was people spreading false rumors about me or saying things about me on social media.” Guzman admitted. 

You may have heard her name or seen her face before due to her popularity on social media- she has nearly 2,500 followers on her Instagram account alone.

Guzman’s beautiful face not only steals the attention from her followers on Instagram, but also steals the attention from many acting agencies. She initially did’t have intentions of becoming a model or actress but was approached by a modeling agency for American Girl when she was only six years old.

“I didn’t want to do it [modeling] when I was little, but then my dad talked me into it, and little did I know that it would be my favorite thing in the world,” she said.

Guzman continued to audition for more commercials and discovered that modeling is something she would like to carry on into her future.

“I always say that I don’t want to go through life with a job I hate, and I’m lucky to have found something that I love doing,” Guzman said.

Aside from the unordinary lifestyle Guzman is living at 14 years old, she recently joined cheerleading at Niles West to keep herself busy in her free time.

“I have always liked supporting players at their games and cheering for them, so cheer was the perfect thing to join for me,” Guzman said. 

Guzman is looking forward to the football and basketball games that she will be cheering at. She is also looking forward her very first homecoming dance.