NW Theatre to Host Coffeehouse Cabaret Tonight

[youtube]https://youtu.be/hGUv09AzIuc[/youtube]

Niles West Theatre will host its fourth annual Coffeehouse Cabaret on Friday, Nov. 6 and Saturday, Nov. 7 at 7 p.m. Students and faculty will be performing various skits, songs, poetry, and everything in between while guests get to enjoy vast amounts of baked goods, hot chocolate, and lemonade.

Auditions were hosted in October, and performances were handpicked by theatre director, Andy Sinclair. The performers range from freshman to seniors to senior citizens. Unlike other theatre shows, this performance is much more relaxed and interactive.

“Coffeehouse is a nice, relaxing environment where you get to sit back, drink as much hot chocolate and eat as many cookies as you want while watching amazing performances from singing, dancing, rapping, poetry, acting, and comedy. It’s open for everyone and anyone, you’ll definitely enjoy something you see,” senior Asha Lodhia said.

[nggallery id=440 template=galleryview]

Friday and Saturday are completely different shows, so it is encouraged to go both nights. Pick one night or pick both; it doesn’t matter, you will be blown away by the hard work and talent of the performers.

“I am performing an original one-man show that I wrote, and a poem that I co-wrote. I’ve been working on both of them for about two months,” senior Amanda Pusateri said.

Most performances are student collaborations, but you may have the chance to encounter a few family acts.

“I am a sophomore and I am singing “Girl Crush” by Little Big Town. I’ve been singing the song ever since it came out, but I’ve been working with my guitarist, who happens to be my uncle, for about two or three weeks,” sophomore Riley Pranian said.

If you have not gotten your tickets yet, supply is limited so make sure to get to the show early to get your hands on any extras. Prices will be $15 for students and $20 for adults if you purchase at the door.

Video by Darsea Hajdarevic