Meet Me in a Minute: Jasmin Useinovic

For the past six years of his life, senior Jasmin Useinovic has progressed in his love for DJing. Getting recognition through the school and social media, his talents have not gone unnoticed.

“I started by downloading a free virtual DJing program called Virtual DJ 8. Virtual [DJing] wouldn’t suffice however, so I got my first physical DJ set a few months later. I just went at it for a couple hours until I had it down,” Useinovic said.

You may know him as the opening act for the Homecoming dance, but Useinovic has landed many other gigs at numerous venues such as The Rave/Eagles Club in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. At Wisconsin, he opened up for Nicholas Weiller, better known as DJ Bro Safari, who is a big figure in the Dubstep (electronic dance) music world.

“Aside from Bro Safari, I opened up for Deorro who was ranked 19th DJ in the world at the time. I’ve performed at multiple private parties and events as well,” Useinovic explained.

After reconnecting with an old friend, DJ and producer, Chance Vincent, Useinovic and Vincent decided to partner up to increase the probability of them being selected on a lineup for a larger gig; the Northcoast Music Festival.

“I entered a contest last summer and almost made Northcoast’s lineup. This summer hopefully it will workout. It would get [my partner and I] a lot of buzz as local acts, and would be a great opportunity to add onto my resume,” Useinovic said.

After high school, Useinovic plans to continue his education at Columbia College Chicago studying music production, alongside DJing at various parties, events, and clubs.

“Going to Columbia would allow me to stay in the heart of the city where many DJing opportunities are present. They also have a great production school,” Useinovic said.

If there’s anything he tries to live by, it’s to “surround yourself with dreamers and doers, the believers and thinkers. Surround yourself with people who see the greatness within you when you don’t,” Useinovic said, quoting author Edmund Lee.