Holly and Ava Podcast Takeover, Featuring Mr Baum

SingStrong Chicago and Echo Effect

Echo Effect partook in the International Championship of High School A Capella (ICHSA) Quarterfinals in Port Washington, WI a few weeks ago. Students and faculty are invited to watch the award winning sets of Echo Effect that got them third place out of nine competing schools at ICHSA at Niles West’s very own A cappella Festival: SingStrong Chicago.

SingStrong Chicago will be the last time students and faculty will be able to see any of the A cappella groups perform. Tickets are available on  www.singstrong.org with discounts available for D219 students and faculty. Performances are also scheduled to take place from FACE, Kaila Mullady, ACCENT, and more. You’ll be able to watch them March 11-13.

ICHSA is a big competition among several schools.

“Have you seen Pitch Perfect? Well, the ICHSA is that, but for high school,” junior soloist Adrian Micor said.

Students were excited to perform with their groups and believed this was their best year yet.

“Honestly, we’ve never sounded better than we have this year in competition since I’ve been here. I’m excited for the comradery that comes with performing on stage with my brothers,” junior Chester Beck said.

Echo Effect will be reperforming “From Eden” and “Steal My Girl” from their award-winning ICHSA set. Senior Richmond Landicho won Best Soloist for his solo in “From Eden” and will be performing it again at SingStrong, as well as one new song.

Junior Nicole Cho from High Fidelity received the Best Arrangement award when they, along with Guys & Dolls, competed at the ICHSA Quarterfinals held in DeKalb, IL. DeKalb Highschool will be one of the schools competing at Sing Strong as well.