Orchesis Presents “Amplified”

Orchesis dance company will be hosting their annual recital, “Amplified” in the Robert L. Johnson auditorium March 3, 2016 at 10 a.m. and 7:30 p.m., and March 4 and 5 at 6:30 p.m. Tickets will be sold for $10 at the door.

Senior Diana Martinez poses in the opening of the 2016 Orchesis show, "Amplified." Photo by Emily Butera.
Senior Diana Martinez poses in the opening of the 2016 Orchesis show, “Amplified.” Photo by Emily Butera.

The name for this year’s show is to represent all the effort and energy the company has put into this year’s show.

“The kids have been working at an exhausting pace all year to make this show better and stronger than ever which is why we are calling it ‘Amplified.’ The intensity they bring to the stage is infectious,” Orchesis Director, Mindy Armour said.

Something that sets the last show apart from all the others is that it has many different pieces that the team will perform.

“The show will be very different from any other show in the past because there will be very diverse pieces. We have tribal pieces, pieces that will make you cry, and we also got dabs in there,” senior Antonia Schmidt said.

For many of the Orchesis dancers, this will be their last show. Many of the dancers have been on the team since freshman year and have formed what they call a family.

Sophomore Audrey Choi said,”It’s our last show for more than half the company which is really sad. When I first joined Orchesis I didn’t like anyone on the team and no one got along. But the more we danced together and spent time together, we formed a second family. Seeing that this is the last time I’ll dance with many of the seniors is really sad because I look at them as my siblings.”